COVID-19 Enhanced Patient Protection
Dear Valued Patients,
While this office is already exceptional in the areas of patient safety and protection, you may notice several changes during your visit today, all of which are intended to decrease your COVID-19 virus exposure.
General Office Wide Measures:
- Patient infection and transmission risk established by questionnaire prior to treatment.
- All patients and staff using hand sanitizer on arrival.
- All patients and staff using masks.
- All patients and staff have temperature taken when in office.
- Plexiglass barriers.
- Social distancing in reception and during all patient/staff activities.
- No escorts allowed in reception.
- HEPA air filtration with coordinated UV-C sterilization of air.
- Reception area cleaned regularly throughout day.
- Regular room fogging with Hypochlorus Acid.
Operator/Patient Protections During Procedures and After:
- All patients rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide before treatment.
- Enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Limitation of aerosol creating procedures to isolated areas and times.
- Intense full room sterilization. New sterilizing agents added.
- Increased use of high-vacuum suctioning.
Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your periodontist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Holling or Dr. Riggs and receive a straightforward answer.
Drs. Holling and Riggs, and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.